Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My best friends son has been arrested and faces a time in…

My best friends son has...
My best friends son has been arrested and faces a long time in jail. His trial date is tomorrow. My friend is planning on making a statement at the trial. He has long hair that goes about halfway down his back. I suggested considering cutting his hair to present a more clean cut appearance. He said he would if he thought it would make a difference. He is planning on wearing a suit and tie.My question is would it make much difference if he makes a statement at his sons trial with short cut hair vs long hair? Are their any statistics or studies on this?My friend seems to get profiled a lot. I just want him to give his son the best chance possible at a reduced sentence. Any input is appreciated. Thank you.
3/15/2018
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good evening. I do not think it does. Your friend can tie his hair back if needed but does not have to cut it. If he is dressed in a suit and is clean shaved or has his facial hair properly manicured and looks clean cut and polished, that should be fine. If he has visible tattoos he may want to cover those up but the jury is going to listen to what he testifies to and what he has to say and how he presents himself and speaks. I think as long as his hair is in a ponytail or a presentable weigh, it should be fine and there is no evidence to really show or support that a long-haired person is any more believable or credible than someone short haired.

CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
CrimDefense
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty