Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I an indictment tracking penal code 12:35 (c)(1) fails to…

Customer Question
I an indictment tracking penal...
I an indictment tracking penal code 12:35 (c)(1) fails to allege during the commision of the offense is the indictment void?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/14/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Nate, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Nate, Lawyer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

An indictment does not always have to completely match the wording of the statute to be valid. What is the exact wording that is used?

Idk he’s incarcerated and I’m just trying to help him out with a couple of questions he needed asked

Okay. The issue with attacking the indictment is that even if it is thrown out for a reason like this (a technical reason), the state can always go back before a grand jury and present the case again, with the proper wording. There may be other things that can be attacked, but this is not one that is going to result in any real results.