Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

How does a prisoner sentenced to LWOP + 25 years stay in…

Customer Question
How long does a...

How long does a prisoner sentenced to LWOP + 25 years stay in maximum security before being transferred to a mental hospital prison?

Lawyer's Assistant: What was the conviction for exactly? Have all appeals been exhausted?

Murder with several special circumstances. He is appealing his conviction for the 1st time using a prison lawyer.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the murder occur?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He murdered my husband, his father.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/14/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 5 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

There is no set time in the law for how long he must stay in maximum security before being transferred. If he is in need of a mental health facility, then that is up to the doctors and the court and also availability in the mental health facility. The law does not specify how long he must stay in maximum security before that move happens.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.