Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My son is in prison hes been falsely accused of possessing…

Customer Question
My son is in...

My son is in prison hes been falsely accused of possessing marijuana they wont give him a ua they just put him in the hole he has been a model prisoner . hes passed his last 5 u a .. What can we do

Lawyer's Assistant: Have drug possession charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

No charges have been filed that i know of. Tbey wont give him any answers

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the drug possession occur?

Iowa

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He has tested bad for marijuana before but hes been clean since before christmas

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 5 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, if they did not charge him, legally internal administrative punishment is at the sole discretion of the department of corrections. So, the only recourse he has would be to file an appeal through the facility's internal appeals process, but if they deny his appeal, until he is charged criminally, he would have no other recourse.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Since they are the ones making up the charges i dont really hold out much hope that they will help him at all. Theyve been trying to catch him since he got there. I feel the whole thing is a crock of crap anywAy .why would you sentance a so called drug addict to a place that is full of drugs anyway.nobody comes to visit him so they cant say its him sneak or his family sneaking anything in...its the most crooked thing ive ever heard of and the fact that you are just helpless is unjust and against his constitutional rights
Sounds like this is a big ripoff too and i would like this canceled at once or i will contact my real lawyer