Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I need a company that will take a traditional IRA check that…

I need a company...

I need a company that will take a traditional IRA check that I will receive in a few days. This is an account that USAA is closing due to a felony conviction for my spouse

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

He is currently incarcerrated

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

We live in florida but it was in NYC He is in Miami now

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that i can think of Just need to place this money somewhere I've tried a few places

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
INFOLAWYER, Lawyer
Are you asking if you can open an Ira bank account?
I want to place this check and earn interest in a managed portfolio for a traditional IRA Who will take this check and manage the funds.
do you have a list or one place that i can take this check?
are you still there
is anyone available to give me any information

I am a legal expert, and would recommend any fdic insured bank.

Chase, Citi and bank of america are good options.

Bank of America said they wouldn’t
Morgan stanley said no

Citi, Chase, HSBC are good options to pursue.

Navy federal said no
Are you aware of other felons that have placed their traditional Ira’s there?
I am his P of A

Normally the bank may not discriminate in this manner and should open the account as long as the funds are not result of any criminal action or subject to any restitution order.

I think an IRA is exempt

correct

If my replies are fast and acceptable, please reply "yes"

ok I will keep trying. It is t easy. There isn’t anything on the internet of a company that will accept their IRA’s just ones that close them. We were with USAA

Good luck. also look at community banks which may be less strict.

Thank you. I just wish it was more clear cut

Very welcome. Kindly rate me 5 stars.

INFOLAWYER, Lawyer