Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Can police execute a search warrant and nor let the

Customer Question
Can police execute a...

Can police execute a search warrant and nor let the occupants of the home know what they are searching for and then threaten the elderly homeowner with death to the others in the home if the occupants do not give up what they were searching for? Can the police take people to jail although nothing was found?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?

No no charges were filed against anyone

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Nj

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I tried to get a copy of the police report and was denied. And I was also discouraged not to speak to anyone at internal affairs by the person who works at the police station

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/14/2018
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 1 month ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. The police can legally enter the home with a search warrant and can search for the items stated within, that they believe to be contained and found in the home. They should not be threatening death on anyone and the occupants do not have to speak with the police or cooperate. If there is illegal police conduct, a motion to suppress could be filed, against any illegally obtained evidence. Also, a complaint can and should be filed with internal affairs, if the conduct of the officers who were present are in violation of police conduct or the law and an attorney should be retained as well.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Im so lost here OMG I feel traumatized by all of this. I just don't understand how they are allowed to get away with things like this they also slammed my oldest daughter I have pictures of her swollen face
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not wish to pay 59 just so I can be told that no-one can help me and my family I'm sorry I am already dissapointed already ��

No, they are not and it is a violation of your rights and you want to retain an attorney, to represent you and your family. If you are charged and a defendant, you want a criminal defense attorney to be representing you but also a civil rights attorney, to go after the police for their misconduct and abuse.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Im lost if I am being turned away from going to internal affairs then I can't do anything right
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It was 3 different municipalities that came in my house so can you please tell me how a civil rights attorney can help me and what can he do for us
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you going to answer my question

Yes, I am

Who is turning you away from internal affairs?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The receptionist in the police station

She works for the department, so of course, she may deter you. If you someone was a victim of abuse by the police and excessive force and there was misconduct, you need a civil rights attorney to go after ALL the municipalities involved, to determine the misconduct. There is NO reason to rely on what the receptionist says at the station as she works for them so of course, she is going to try and deter you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what will the civil rights attorney be able to do exactly

Sue the department and go after them for the brutality, abuse and violation of your rights. It is civil, so they will sue for damages.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But it was 3 police departments from 3 cities

Yes and one attorney can go after all three. An attorney is licensed in a state, not county, so they could handle all three if they wanted to

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can the police question a 17 year old without a lawyer or parent being there
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No one was advised of their rights and was just carted off to jail is this legal

Rights need to be read, when a person is in custody, not free to leave and is being questioned. If they are not read, any statement or admission can be suppressed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Why are attorneys acting as if they are scared to challenge the police and their corruption? I am having a hard time finding help Smdh I guess I have no Civil rights at all because I can't find help nowhere
I know it is hard at times and they may feel as though you do not have a case if there was no police misconduct.
Ely, Counselor at Law