Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

In florida if a person has been to prison once does that…

In florida if a person...
In florida if a person has been to prison once does that mean he will always score prison time
3/14/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

No, just because someone was convicted in FL and sent to jail one time, that does not necessarily mean if he is convicted on any subsequent charges he will automatically go to jail. Whether or not he will get prison time on subsequent convictions depends on the nature of the crime he is convicted of and circumstances. His chances are significantly INCREASED he will get jail time for serious offenses or violent offenses, but it is not meaning he will always get prison time in every future conviction.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.