Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

An ex girlfriend I used to live with has taken a restraining…

An ex girlfriend I...

An ex girlfriend I used to live with has taken a restraining order against me to stop me from picking up a car that I have been paying for insurance as well. We are both listed on the resistration as owners. She was listed as in the 1 and I the 2. While we were living together I paid for everything rent, light, gas, car note, insurance and cable. She was suppose to pay the car note and never could so I have been paying everything. I needed her to pay one half month rent, she refused and paid the rent money to a real estate broker so she could play real estate agent. Due to that I lost my apartment and now I’m homeless. The car broke down and needs a new transmission it is in the shop now and I can’t pick it up due to RO. Now I can’t get to work. She has no job, can’t work can’t pay for the car. I need my car for work. Do I have any recourse?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Riverside County Los Angeles Ca.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I’m a disabled vet.

3/15/2018
PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

Could you explain a little more?

When is the next hearing on the Restraining Order?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
4/3/18 this will be the first.

Did you mean that this would be the first hearing on the Restraining Order?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I cant afford $59 to talk to you.

Thank you for the information.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was offline when your response came in.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Kindly disregard the phone call offer. I did not make it. The offer was automatically made to you by the site. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
55357;���

Your Question:

Response: Yes. Eventhough the first hearing on the case has been scheduled for April 3, you need to go back to Court today and file Motion to lift the Restraining Order or in the alternative to modify it because of the hardship you have suffered and will continue to suffer if the Restraining is left in place or left "as is" with no modification. You need to explain in your Motion your situation regarding the car and how the car is your means of transportation to work and how your ex girlfriend has not contributed anything towards the car maintenance or payments just like you did in your post here

You can obtain Motion forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Goodluck with your case,

<p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site. <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

Thank you for your cooperation.

PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law
PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law