Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Just wondering what an W/C issue / 50 + what is this. I am…

Hi just wondering what...

Hi just wondering what an W/C issue / 50 + what is this. I am showing on a people finder of myself that there was an arrest in 1987. But, I have never been arrested.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Florida is the State. in 1987

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, how can this be taken off. If I was never arrested or fined or anything. I have always had a clean record

3/13/2018
Nate, Lawyer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

The charge you found is for a worthless a check - a bounced check over $50.00. This likely would not have resulted in an arrest. Whoever it was just filed charges and it was never seriously pursued.

Since it was 31 years ago, it's just still outstanding. The easiest thing to do is contact the DA's office where it was filed (the county) and offer to pay whatever it is. The odds are, since it is so old, they might not be able to find the file and just retire it.

I appreciate the good advive. I will do that. But since you mentioned that I remember back then that there was a lady that used my name with a different address on her check and paid for groceries at Publix. When I went to Publix they told me it was not me. Because the cashier that was there at the time remembered the lady that wrote the check. Publix said that they would take me off their list. Mistaken identity can follow you. Thank you Nate.

It can, and that's almost certainly it! Good luck. I'm glad I could help.

If you have any follow up questions, please let me know. I'm more than happy to help further! If not, please do go ahead and rate my assistance to you today.

Thank you!

Nate, Lawyer