Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

In TEXAS, HOW IS THE STATUE OF LIMITATIONS TO SUE THE

Customer Question
In TEXAS, HOW LONG...

In TEXAS, HOW LONG IS THE STATUE OF LIMITATIONS TO SUE THE GOVERNMENT. CRIMINAL CASE BY AN EX-OPPONENT FOR COUNTY JUDGE. HE HANDLES PROBATE AND NO CRIMINAL CASES. ARRESTED TWICE FOR THEFT OF SIGNS, AMPUNT UPPED TO MADE IT A FELONY (MORE TNAN $1500.00) TRIED AND MISTRIALED. CHARGES DISMISSED WITHOUT PREJUDICE.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

TEXAS., CHARGED WITH STEALING CAMPAIGN SIGNS THE NIGHT BEFORE THE ELECTION. PERSON WHO STOLE SIGNS TESTIFIED AT TRAIL THAT HE DID THE STEALING ON HIS OWN.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

LIKE WHAT?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

JURY WAS 9-3 FOR ACQUITTAL. JUDGE MISTRIED CASE

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Criminal Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
THE SUIT WOULD BE AGAINST A COUNTY . THE JUDGE WAS A COUNTY JUDGE. THE JUDGE KNEW THE PERSON WHO ACTUALLY STOLE THE SIGNS ADMITTED HE ALONE STOLE THE SIGNS. THE VALUE OF THE SIGN WAS RAISED TH $1500 TO MAKE IT A FELONY. JUDGE ADMITTED AT TRIAL THAT THE SIGNS WERE WORTH LESS THAN $700.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
WANT TO SUE IN FEDERAL COURT. ALMOST TWO YEARS HAVE PASSED SINCE CHARGES WERE DISMISSED WITHOUT PREJUDICE.
3/13/2018
Criminal Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. You want to sue the state of TX for what reason?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
WANT TO SUE SMITH COUNT, TEXAS FOR MALICIOUS PROSECUTION AND THE COUNTY JUDGE. HE INSTIGATED THE CHARGES AGAINST ME FOR STEALING CAMPAIGN SIGN FROM HIM THE NIGHT BEFORE THE ELECTION. HE KNEW THE ACTUAL THIEF AND THE THIEF HAD TOLD HIM, NOBODY PUT HIM UP TO STEALING THE SIGNS. TWO CHARGES RESULTED FROM THE FALSE INFORMATION BEING GIVEN TO A GRAND JURY. TWO ARREST RESULTED ONE FOR STEALING SIGNS WORTH MORE THAN $1500 AND A FALSE STATEMENT TO A POLICE OFFICER. AT TRIAL, COUNTY JUDGE ADMITTED THE SIGN WERE NOT WORTH $1500 AND THIEF ADMITTED THAT HE ACTED ALONE. COUNTY JUDGE CONSPIRED WITH THE THIEF TO CAUSE FALSE CHARGES. JURY WAS 9-3 FOR ACQUITTAL. CASE WAS MISTRIED? CHARGES WERE DISMISSED ON MARCH 18, 2016. DISMISSED WITHOUT PREJUDICE. DON'T KNOW IF THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS HAS BEENRUNNMING?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i'M NOT SURE I LIKE THE $59.00 ADD ON. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO ANSWER MY QUESTION, PLEASE REFUND MY $5.00..

Thank you

There is a 2 year statute of limitations...you have to file your claim within 2 years of the act that was the basis of the suit

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Lawyer