Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

When does the timeframe for SOL begin in Nevada for

Customer Question
When does the timeframe...

When does the timeframe for SOL begin in Nevada for embesselment? Privately held LLC with 4 partners and one partner embezzled over 5 year period of time ending 2.5 yrs ago when he was removed as manager. How long do I have to start law suite? Can money from beginning of embezzlement if it was 8 years ago to the end of embezzlement which was 2.5 years ago be recovered?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nevada

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No but need to know the answer befor I do. There are other complications as to if and when I can actually file something

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/13/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 4 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

The statute of limitations begins to run from either the time when the incident is completed or from the time that the offense could first have reasonably been discovered.

The civil statute of limitations for this type of offense in Nevada is three years.

The criminal statute of limitations would be 4 years.

If you require additional information, please post your follow up here on this question thread, and I’ll be happy to provide it.