Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Can a person only submit to recuse a Judge in a civil case…

Can a person only submit...
Can a person only submit to recuse a Judge in a civil case after there has been a hearing or can it be done for an upcoming motion to the court? Part of that motion and the hearing I would want the Judge to testify about his connections to attorneys and his former law partners, why he dismissed a hearing against my Ex after she involved our 5 year old in a DUI crash etc.
3/13/2018
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. It can happen in a criminal case as well. Any time a party feels as though the Judge cannot be fair and impartial and not remain neutral and there is a chance of bias or prejudice, a party can move and ask the Judge to recuse themselves from the case.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried looking it up in my state but all I could find was 20 days AFTER unless Im missing something

If at some time during the trial, something is discovered or known and the Judge cannot be fair and impartial and there is an issue, a motion can be filed at any time. A plaintiff or defendant is not just stuck with the Judge if they can not get a fair hearing or trial.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What shows more bias, that he made numerous decisions that are unheard of, clearly against any statute. When I stated he could not change custody as a sanction for an OSC, he admitted he probably could not then asked his former partner in their law firm to research it and brief it, then charged me 9k. Then at the hearing about child custody as a sanction, he wouldn't hear augments about it (forgetting it was his idea) and telling his former partner that was ridicules as the law clearly defines penalties for an OSC. When we proved my Ex was leaving her children every weekend and using her flying privileges not for work but to see her paramour, he stated it was a point for her in the custody issue that she left them with someone who would care for them (me), he ordered me to pay half my Exs student loans on a 4 year marriage in which she was cheated all 4 years. Part of the school loans she took out were ta***** ***** before we were married. He made numerous derogatory remarks about me being disabled and he doesn't think a disabled person can raise a child. My wife punishment for involving our child in a 100mph DUI crash after CPS determined her her guilty of "failure to protect the child" was to give her more parent-time and cut child support by half. ( I believe he gave her more because I was disabled) He said he didn't think I was so disabled I couldn't flip burgers so used my SSDI money to calculate child support though its not lawful to use SSDI money. He recognized my Ex being drunk and causing the DUI crash had violated 4 paragraphs of our decree, just told her that was serious and she should understand it was serious but then moved on with no penalty. Which would be the best evidence to show bias and that I can not get a fair hearing and or he has conspired with his friend in these matters?
Everything. It is not limited to one incident if misconduct or wrong doing and the goal is to clear show there is an issue and the judge is unable to remain neutral.
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks
My pleasure
CrimDefense
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty