Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Do online express testraining orders effectively work in…

Do online express testraining orders...
Do online express testraining orders effectively work in Vallejo california as well as overall, or must i do the whole court attendence or lawyer represent me thing?
3/13/2018
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

Thanks for requesting me. Do you have a website for these online restraining orders? Can you link me to that site?

To get a restraining order, you may be able to apply for it online, but a judge is going to want to hear some sworn testimony and make sure that there is probable cause for him to issue such an order. I find it difficult to believe that you can restrict someone else's liberty based on typing something up from the comfort of your living room. The subject of the order is entitled to due process of law, and somewhere along the lines, you're going to have to go to court. If you are the complainant and don't appear at the hearing, the order will be dismissed.

Okay, good words. The site is called express filings..

I've looked at Express Findings. They provide you with forms and instructions to fill them out. They are not a law firm, can't file things on your behalf and can't get you a restraining order. So in the end, you're paying them to retrieve the forms and show you how to fill them out.

If you wanted a restraining order you can go to court for yourself and get the forms from the clerk, fill them out there and submit them.

Here's a website that will tell you what kinds of civil restraining orders you can get and where and how to get them. And you won't have to pay for the forms.

https://www.womenslaw.org/laws/ca/restraining-orders

Zoey_ JD
Wow, i already did order the others. Bummer. That's okay though. So helpful! Thank you.

You're very welcome.