Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I need some help. I have probation in Florida that was a…

Hello. So I need...

Hello. So I need some help. I have probation in Florida that was a year. I was supposed to pay 1000 in fines and 100 hours of community service. I was not aware of this. Its a misdameanor. I live in TN. If Florida issues a warrant will I be extradited on a misdameanor? FLorida law websites say no.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

Florida and there is not a warrant in place yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

In the prcess of filing a pro se motion yes.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Its a driving while intoxicated first offence.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It was adjudication withheld during spring break. I am also disabled. I have proof of that from now untill the age of 3. Im 25.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago

If you can please call me at this number : ***********

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have contacted my probation officer to find out what I can do to keep them from violating me as well.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We have stayed in touch and I have payed probation fees up to date.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is the email I sent to my probation officer.Hey Mr. Irwin. I started this job today and I start community service with the habitat for humanity on wednesday. I am probably not going to be able to come up with the 1000 dollars by the 4th due to how many probation fees Im paying plus bills. Will the judge 100 percent put a warrant out for me if I cant meet the requirements? Should I get a hold of the clerks office to see if they cant work with me? I am doing my best to avoid upsetting you or the judge. I will do my best to meet these requirements, but I misunderstood the paper you sent me in the mail. I was under the impression that I was supposed to pay 170 for the first time fee of probation and then 55 a month. I do apologize for not understanding. Honestly there is no way I could have payed the 175 a month though because I only make 753 a month and im paying fines and probation fees in 3 different cities. I would very much like to avoid having to come back to Florida because I will not be able to make it wth school and everything. But I do not want this hanging over my head and I would rather not dig a deeper hole than I am already in. Thank you for your time.Sencerily,Devon Johnson
3/13/2018
Jonathan Holson
Jonathan Holson, Criminal Defense Lawyer

Devon, my name is Matt. I'm hoping that I can help answer your question. The likelihood that you are extradited to Florida for violating probation seems to me to be relatively minimal to non-existent. It's not clear to me where you are living now, but the costs of extradition are fairly high and the process is a pain for the receiving state (ie. Florida) so it would be rare that they would extradite you. I would avoid visiting Florida though because if a warrant is issued, you could have a run in with the cops (a traffic stop for example) and you would likely be transported to the county where the warrant was issued to address your probation violation. Hope this helps.

Jonathan Holson
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you sir.
Jonathan Holson
Jonathan Holson