Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My son has been accused of injury to a child. Not sure about…

Customer Question
My son has been...

My son has been accused of injury to a child. Not sure about his lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

He has a lawyer.....she doesn't seem real aggresive to me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.....not thinking straight right now because the lawyer told me today that the prosecutor has now brought sexual assault up

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Has announcement hearing Thursday. Lawyer told me today that she was going not ready because she still doesn't have all of the discovery, she doesn't have a medical expert and now the prosecutor has brought up the idea that there was sexual assult on the little boy. The little boy is my sons(Justin) then girlfriends son. He was watching his own son (1 1/2 years old at the time) and her son (2 1/2 years old at the time). The boys mother knows that Justin did not do anything to her son. Her hands are tied because cps has threatened her that they will take her children away from her again and this time they will not go to family.
3/13/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Jonathan Holson, Criminal Defense Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Jonathan Holson
Jonathan Holson, Criminal Defense Lawyer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am hoping to help you. It sounds like a very stressful situation for you and your son. It is unclear to me from what you have written what question you are asking. How can I help.

Well like I said I am not sure if the lawyer is aggressive enough. What can I do to make sure she goes in the right direction with this situation

First, your son should listen to the information that he receives from his attorney. It is early in the process from what I can gather if the attorney does not have all the information. She is waiting on additional discovery, which is provided to her by the prosecutor. Second, it is also important that your son be involved in the process. He should be asking her questions about what is going, about the facts/allegations, about the law etc. He should not be afraid to be a squeaky wheel. If your son is an adult, she will likely not communicate with you because you are not the client. You certainly have the option to also communicate with a private attorney. Most will give you a free consultation. When you do, do make sure that your son brings whatever paperwork he has. His current attorney should provide him with copies of everything.

Did this address your concerns and questions?