Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I got pulled over the other day for speeding and found out I…

Hi I got pulled...

Hi I got pulled over the other day for speeding and found out I have a no bail warrant from 2006 probation violation. March 23 I have to fly to Michigan from Seattle I wanted to know if I will get arrested I am supposed be going to Michigan cause I am getting married and have engagements however I did contact the courts and a trying to get court dates before I go so the warrant could drop.... I have had hard past but I am not who I used to be andthe warrant is 12 years old so my question is will I be arrested at the airport if I cannot get a court date before

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

Seattle Washington and the warrant was issued in2007

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

The dockets say the case in archive

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just the one I know in Michigan can’t afford I tried going through this screening but it hard to get answers so I thought I would represent myself

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/12/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If there is a no bail warrant for the probation violation, you would be arrested upon turning yourself into the court. However, if you arrange for an attorney before you go to court, you would typically not spend much time in jail as they will be able to negotiate you to be released and many times not even arrested.

As far as being arrested at the airport, no they do not check names of passengers who are leaving or arriving at the US airports, so they would not just arrest you because they checked your name upon arrival in Seattle.

You do need to get a local attorney in Seattle to get started on this and negotiate a resolution with the court so when you appear in court the warrant is dismissed.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

I am departing at the airport in the same county my warrants in so I won’t be arrested

Thank you for your reply.

No, they do not check your name when you leave an airport. So no, you would not be arrested. However, you do need to resolve the matter

Yeah I’m trying to do what I can I just learned about this on Friday I’m a survivor for my trafficking so when I got this charge I don’t even remember the case I don’t even remember it. I moved not by choice to Detroit Michigan 12 years ago was traffic to there and then I just came back to Seattle Washington in August after doing 18 months in prison in Michigan which freed me from everything and I just learned about this after I got pulled over I’ve talk to the bailiff three times I’ve left multiple emails to the quart room judge they said they’ll get back to me soon I’ve been fighting with this screening for a defense lawyer and I’m just like I might as will defend myself because I’m not who I was then I was 19 that I’m 32 now I go to school I have a 3.8 grade average I’m a Washington state certified peer support counselor. So if I can’t trust Make the best decision on a 12-year-old case and realize I wasn’t me that wasn’t me it’s not an excuse it’s the t***** *****ke I was an addict being traffic with no responsibility

Thank you for your reply.

Using an attorney is not because you are not capable of defending yourself, using an attorney is because you want someone who is familiar with that court and process and also someone who is not emotionally attached to the case who can focus on the legal issues without emotion. However, either way, you do need to get this on the court docket to withdraw the warrant and resolve the issue.