Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My son (19) he was in a verbal altercation last yr w

Customer Question
Second opinion] My son...

Second opinion] My son (19) he was in a verbal altercation last yr w brothers both who are minors

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

The altercation resulting in the two brothers one of the two shooting at my son losing contol of his car and smashing into a tree losing his life

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

One of the 2 suspects was killed by P.D the nxt day then thee other brother surrender. The surviving brother was 17 at time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The DA was trying to get The Boy charged as an adult for premeditated 187 gang shooting. There is video evidence pictures tattoos of the suspect showing proving gang involvement and calculating actions showing premeditation. The judging in the prop 57 hearing Was held on Friday and he is getting no 187 because my son did not get shot

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/12/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry to hear what happened. What is your question for us about this issue?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm not OK w the verdict in the prop 57 hearing the suspect and proof w shown and I'd like to appeal. Is it possible. If not can I filed suit against family since he is a juvenile and both parents claim to support him financially.

Thank you for your reply.

I understand you are not happy about the verdict, I would not be happy either, but this is a matter that is up to the District Attorney and the Court as far as the criminal matter is concerned and legally you cannot pursue any appeal of that decision.

You could sue suit against the child and the family, since they are liable for his conduct, but if the family has no money or owns no property you can seize, then there is nothing you could get from them. However, if they are suing the police for killing their son, as is typical in those cases, if you sue and win you can attach any judgment or settlement they may get from their suit against the police.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer