Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Son arrested for stealing and was called and said he was in…

Son arrested for stealing...

Son arrested for stealing and was called and said he was in jail at Dention center

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Question is juvenile detention jail for minors because I said he went to jail

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Charges dropped by friend of store

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This was 25 years ago

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Texas
3/11/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your question about this for us?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can I get sued for saying my son went to jail

Thank you for your reply.

No, you cannot get sued for saying he went to jail. Even though he went to Juvenile Detention, jail is another term for it and that is not a false statement. You could only get sued for making known false statements, this is not false, he was sent to juvenile detention or "jail" for shoplifting.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer