Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Do I need to specify a dollar amount of damages to be

claimed by me in in...
Do I need to specify a dollar amount of damages to be claimed by me in in my Federal Law Suit law suit against Postal Employees or leave the amount to be determined by a jury?
3/11/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

No in a federal claim, you do not state a specific money amount, you would state you are, "praying for monetary damages in an amount the honorable court deems fair and just based on the evidence produced at trial."

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.