Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My friend is on parole received citation for nor reporting…

Customer Question
My friend is on...

My friend is on parole received citation for nor reporting residency testing positive for meth and not.completing drug assessment will he be sent back to prison

Lawyer's Assistant: Since parole regulations vary, can you tell me what state this is in?

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No should I?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

His case is for forgery he gets off of parole in 2020

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/11/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 1 month ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Unfortunately, yes, He's using, not seeking any treatment and at risk for getting into further difficulty. Parole will think that it is only a matter of time before he'll be rearrested.

If he has not been in trouble before, it's possible that he will be put into some kind of halfway house with a drug program treatment or, if he's put in it would only be for a relatively short-term sanction rather than made to serve out the entire rest of his sentence. But it's all up to the discretion of the judge, which will look at his violations in the context of his criminal and personal history and determine his punishment.

The best thing that can be done for him is that he have a lawyer for his parole hearing, who may be able to put together a program option here for him on the outside that Parole would agree to .

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD