Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

RV got impounded about 2 days ago, they didn't give me any…

Customer Question
Hey my RV got...

Hey my RV got impounded about 2 days ago , they didn't give me any information about where it was going or why

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Mississippi

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

My lawyer in Arkansas isn't licensed in MS

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes , Me and my dad picked up a RV from Alabama , he had to change tires so we could drive it back. When we got to Vaiden , me and my dad were at a gas station and this guy pulled up fast in front of us claiming we stolen a tire. We have no idea who this man is so we take off. Well then we get pulled over by these two sheriff's and tell them what's going on so they let me and my dad go. When we get right outside of batesville ms , their police pull us over and says carroll county wants then to hold us. So we hold and the cop said he smelled weed so I admitted it might be roaches in the ashtray , so I allowed then to search the vehicle and they found a little of Marijuana in my purse I forgot about so I got a ticket. When the other cop come from carroll county he really rude and locked my dad up and telling him to shut up when my dad was telling him he had a receipt for a tire he paid the man we purchased the RV from , and a bill of sale for the RV. He's in Caroll County right now and their saying different charges every time I asked now they are saying it's petty larceny, with a bond of 1300 , but they said that he also had charges in grenada for some uncertain reason, but his charges there are assult and grand larceny when he didn't do anything. Now they telling me my RV in being held in Grenada county and it's going to be 900 to get it out. I'm confused about what to do , he needs a good lawyer , to me it looks like a race issue.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/11/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Jonathan Holson, Criminal Defense Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Jonathan Holson
Jonathan Holson, Criminal Defense Lawyer

What specifically are you seeking help with? Hard to tell from your question.