Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

How much time does a person get when charged with 2 counts…

Customer Question
How much time does...

How much time does a person get when charged with 2 counts in the state of washington-tacoma

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I just need to no because a freind is locked up in challam
Bay

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

When can i expectto seemy freind again locked up in april 1997

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/10/2018
Criminal Lawyer: LegalDan, Criminal Defense Lawyer replied 3 months ago
LegalDan
LegalDan, Criminal Defense Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - what are the 2 charges your friend is facing? What is his criminal record like?

charged with 2 counts of assault-touched to injure locked up on several counts of assault over the years currently serving time at challam bay correctionsin challam bay wa 98326
please anwer

Thank you very much -Assault in the fourth degree or simple assault is the most commonly charged assault crime in WA State. It is a gross misdemeanor that is punishable by up to 364 days in jail and a $5,000 fine, with no mandatory minimum (unless there is a special designation such as domestic violence). So depending on the facts of the case, your friend is looking at one year in jail.