Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Im a sex offender in missouri on porn charges of a pic of a…

Im a sex offender...

Im a sex offender in missouri on porn charges of a pic of a nipple of a girl 17 to 21 yr old it happend 10yrs ago i didnt commit this crime but took a plea under duress..ive been around a family that i think of as my own for 2yrs now.. all of the suddon i broke up with my lover and now ppl are calling dcfs about their 14yr old boy staying with me on some weekends..the police and dcfs has done a criminal investigation and found nothing...the same person called dcfs again today they came out again and again found nothing..but dcfs this time told the family that because im a sex offender that adam cant be around me without supervision but last time they said i could unless i hurt him... i know the law and i know that as long as im not on parole or probation that i can be around him without supervision i feel like they're harassing me... how can i get the law in writing?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since parole regulations vary, can you tell me what state this is in?

Missouri but im not on parole or probation

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I think im being harassed because im gay.. i know the law says if im not on parole theres nothing that they can do about me being around him no i havent

also i was a fugitive recovery agent for 5 yrs and a martial arts instructor..dcfs in Illinois. investigated over 240 children who said i have never done anything wrong to them.. Dcfs dropped the case asking GCPD not to charge me because 1 photo dosent constitute child porn..the police picked up the case as a possession charge..
Answered in 4 days by:
3/14/2018
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
I still need assistance with my question I don't understand it seems like nobody cares thank you for your time

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry for the delay in responding, the experts are not site employees and cannot control when questions appear on our lists.

Are you still required to register as a sex offender?

I am if I was in Illinois I would be off by now but in Missouri I cannot petition to be taken off the list because my charges were from Illinois.. But when I go to register my chief law enforcement agency has told me on several occasions that there are no stipulations as long as I'm not on probation or parole which I am not
This has become an issue not that I'm a sex offender but that I am a gay man hanging around a 14 year old boy that's what the detective told me he doesn't realize I've known this family for 3 years and this family is like my family I have never harmed that child that child has told CPS on two occasions that I've never harmed him he is not afraid to be around me and I don't mind being around him under parent supervision what I do mind is my civil rights violations
The police did the investigation early February they released me because there was no evidence on any actual crime DFS finish their investigation 2 weeks later found this unfounded due to lack of evidence 2 days after I received a letter saying it was unfounded DFS came back to the home saying they got another anonymous call saying that the child lived with me that is not true that child has never lived with me.. when the last investigation was unfounded they told the parents the child could be around me unsupervised but if something happened to him they would be charged as well this new investigation they say visits have to be supervised. Which again I'm fine with that other than my civil rights being violated

Thank you for your reply.

CPS cannot tell you that you cannot be around a child unless you are either 1) proven to be an imminent danger to the child or 2) are legally prohibited from having contact with the child. You do not have a civil right to be around a child you are not related to, the US Supreme Court has only established a civil right to be around your biological children.

If there is a person harassing you making false complaints to CPS, then you need to sue that person who is making the known false complaints to get them to cease and for harassment in doing so.

CPS on the other hand, can only intervene and stop you from being around the child if you are a danger or legally forbidden from being around the child and if you prove that they have no such reason they cannot just arbitrarily issue such orders and you need to sue the person making the complaints.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

They say the caller is calling anonymously so they have no idea of who it could Be..on the Civil Rights issue it's about my being gay around a 14yr old boy that's what they told me..

Thank you for your reply.

You say it is about you being gay, it is not illegal to be gay last I checked. You have an idea of who it is and that is the party you would sue. As far as CPS, if they are telling you that the only reason you are being told this is because you are gay, then that would be a civil rights claim against CPS.

They've ask the child several times if he's gay Wich he isn't gay at all infact we never talk about it he's just a kid but they kept telling him it's ok to be gay and he kept telling them that he wasn't.. they say they believe I'm grooming him because I'm gay..even though they said that the first investigation but unfounded it...just to open another one 2days later..

Thank you for your reply.

Typical social workers trying to influence the minor's statements. At this point, if CPS is doing this only because you are gay, then that is basis for you to sue the social worker for infringing on your rights based on your sexual orientation.

The ACLU are currently reviewing this case on these bases.. I contacted them yesterday and made a complaint

Thank you for that additional information, but is there another question in that statement?

I believe you have a case against the social worker for discriminating against you based on your sexual orientation under state laws, but you will need a local attorney to take the case and file suit against them for damages. Also, as part of your suit, you can subpoena records to find out who is making these false complaints against you so you can sue them as well.

That's all the questions I have...thank you so much for your time..

Thank you very much.