Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If you have a drug charge before the new law takes effect,

Customer Question
Second opinion] if you...

Second opinion] if you have a drug charge before the new law takes effect, is it going to stay a felony or will it be a misdeamor.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

Oklahoma

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

What do you mean.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well he had a 2 year probation, if he did certain things, which not all of it got done, that was the flea deal with no felony, but the orginal deal was 3 years probation.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/11/2018
Criminal Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
The statute that is in effect at the time the prosecutor files the charge is controlling unless the statute specifically states it applies retroactively, which most statutes do not provide for.
thanks
You are most welcome. If no further questions kindly rate 5 stars to help maintain my customer satisfaction scores, thanks!

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.