Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I want to know if I can contact my ex husbands probation…

I want to know...

I want to know if I can contact my ex husbands probation officer for him not paying child support. He owes me 35,000 and it is felony probation.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

Kansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Domestic assault and batter with a weapon.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just want to get my payments so no.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Thanks

Kansas has a child support enforcement office. You can contact them here. The phone number is ***** the bottom of the page:

http://www.dcf.ks.gov/Newsroom/Pages/archive2008/4-21-2008.aspx

You can certainly also contact your ex's probation officer and inform him or her as well of the debt. He can be charged criminally for failure to pay, and probation would probably be interested in knowing there may be a problem with that down the road.

If you don't know his probation officer, you'd call the county office for probation and just ask the telephone receptionist for the name and phone extension of the probation officer assigned to [your ex's name].

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Thank you.

You're very welcome!

I strive for 5-star service. If I have addressed all of your concerns, please take the time to rate my service to you by selecting 5 stars on the rating scale, as a rating of okay or better is the only way that JustAnswer will give us Experts credit for our work. You would still be able to post further follow-ups on this question thread about this for no additional cost, even after I've been rated.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD