Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Can I file a restraining order for verbal or drug abuse?

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/9/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Are you in fear for your safety?

Has this individual made any threats to harm you, either now or in the past?

Have they been violent in any way before?

If any of the answers to these questions are yes -- then yes, you can and shoud seek a protective injunction.

In order to do so you can go into your local courthouse and speak with a clerk at the Clerk of Courts office.

They can provide you with all of the necessary forms that you need to fill out, and they can also help you with getting them filed.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer