Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

How can a private citizen direct a peace officer to execute…

How can a private citizen...
How can a private citizen direct a peace officer to execute a bench warrant from another state? The bench warrant is from Georgia and the individual resides in Texas
3/9/2018
Nisha Jones, Esq.

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

If you know of the person's whereabouts, then you can report it to the local police and let them know about the outstanding bench warrant.

They should be able to locate the out of state warrant in their database.

They can execute an arrest, and then hold the person in custody for extradition to Georgia.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would the spouse be liable for any crime relating to child endangerment if it is shown that she could have known and should have known of the warrant and of the protective order for domestic violence before she married and changed identifying information in the marriage application presumably to avoid detection from his home state?

It depends on the situation.

If the mother was negligent in caring for the children, or knowingly put them in harm's way -- yes she could be liable.

Or if the mother knew the children were being abused but took no action -- yes she could be liable.

I hope that helps clarify.

Don't forget to rate so I can be credited for my time and help with your question, 5 stars are always appreciated, thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well she did have to call the police on him claiming "mental disability" and the kids have experience where things are thrown around and broken in the home.Do these facts reach the level of negligence?

If she took action and reported the behavior and took steps to protect the children, then possibly no she would not be liable. These are all vary vague facts though, and JustAnswer provides generaly legal information only, not legal advice.

Here is a definition of child abuse under Texas state law, this may be helpful to you:

"Inflicting or failing to reasonably prevent others from inflicting mental or emotional injury impairing child's growth, development, or psychological functioning; physical injury resulting in substantial harm, or which is at variance with explanation given; sexual abuse, exploitation, use of controlled substance resulting in mental or physical harm to child."

I hope that helps!

Let me know if you still have any questions or want to talk about this further.

I am also available for a phone call, which is usually reserved for more complicated matters, and which be helpful in this particular situation.

If that's something you're interested in, I can send you the link to follow to get set up for a call.

Thanks!

Don't forget to rate this question for me, 5 stars are appreciated, thanks!

Nisha Jones, Esq.

If you have any more questions in the future and would like my help, please feel free to reach out to me here at JustAnswer by posting a new question, and adding "For Nisha" to the first part of your question. I'd be happy to help. Best of luck to you, take care!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry but I have to continue with this thread or the powers that be will rebuke me for starting a new thread.Does an order of confinement resulting from a contempt hearing for back child support automatically becomes a warrant for an arrest it is there other steps in between?

It really depends on the judge and what action the judge takes.

Yes it can, but again it depends on the situation and the judge.

I've sent you the link for the phone call that I mentioned earlier, if you'd like to speak about this further or in more detail.

Thanks!

Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer