Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Can a victim in lake county IL be arrested for not showing…

Customer Question
Can a victim in...

Can a victim in lake county IL be arrested for not showing up to a domestic violence court date ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Lake county IL 2018

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The police report only I did not press charges. The state of IL is

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was subpoenaed

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 4 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Ok thank you is this private conversation
I'm not able to talk via phone at this time sorry
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 4 months ago

The phone call request is actually auto generated by the site, so please feel free to disregard it if it's not something you're interested in right now.

Ok and is this confidential our discussion?
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 4 months ago

None of your personal information is publicly viewable, but this chat thread is public.

A phone call is private and a trascript of that call would not be publicly viewable.

Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 4 months ago

Would you like me to continue here? Would you prefer a call?

Again, none of your personal indentifying information such as your name etc., is public. Just let me know what you prefer, thanks!

Ok then I would not like to use this service sorry...how can I cancel?
No one explained how it works
Criminal Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 4 months ago

You can speak with a customer service rep here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help