Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I confronted my mother about the identity theft on my credit…

Hi. So I confronted my...
Hi. So I confronted my mother about the identity theft on my credit and she said it wasn't her. She told me it might be my oldest brother who must've done this while I was babysitting my niece.
3/8/2018
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hello. Yes. I found out on my credit that there was a Verizon bill of $1429 that wasn't from me and I already spoke with them about it to close the account. I thought my mother did it so I spoke with with her about it and she said she didn't do it. She also told me that it may be my oldest brother who might've opened an account with my ssn without my knowledge. So how would I go about this if it's him who did it?

Go about what? What are you trying to accomplish?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I want to find out who did that to my credit cause it's ruining my credit

What you are describing is a crime. You can report this crime to the police and allow them to investigate. It may be they can uncover the culprit

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks!

Welcome. Thank you for taking the time to accept the answer, I truly appreciate that
phil

P. Simmons, Lawyer
P. Simmons, Lawyer