Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I moved from MA to NY, but now moving to FL and stopping in…

I moved from MA to...
I moved from MA to NY, but now moving to FL and stopping in NJ. I am having a truck driver that is a friend drive our car down to from NJ to FL. He has a truck driver license. The issue is my registration expired because I could not renew it since was not in MA and didnt have money to put ny plates on it plus was moving to FL. Just want to get the car to FL then put plates on it. I have insurance. I can't afford to put nj plates for a day then FL. Can he drive it down for me with insurance and expired registration. Would police in any otjer state besides MA where it was registered stop him ? If so what would they do? Wanting to know worse case scenario to weigh my options. Thanks so much
Answered in 1 day by:
3/9/2018
PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

Your Questions:

Would police in any otjer state besides MA where it was registered stop him ?

Response 1: He may not be stopped specifically for the expired tag. He may be stopped for other reasons such as speeding. If the expired tag is discovered, then he may just be given a warning ticket to get it taken care of. However, if he is stopped while in New Jersey, he may be given a ticket for not having New Jersey tags.

If so what would they do? Wanting to know worse case scenario to weigh my options. Thanks so much

Response 2: See my previous response.

It may be prudent to get a temporary tag from Florida before driving the car from New Jersey to Florida.

Safe Journey,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks, See what happened is a friend ia a truck driver drove it for us last week. It is in FL now and we are registering it here. However, he said a police stopped him cause of expired tag and gave him a ticket on his license not the car because he is a truck driver and is supppsed to have responsibility. The police also followes him back to his aunts house to make sure he didn't travel to FL. This all doesn't make sense to me. Could this have really happened or could he be making this up?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We gave him money for gas and food. We asked him for the ticket so we can pay it and he said he paid it with the left over money and to not worry. This doesn't make sense to me.

Thank you for the information.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was offline when your response came in.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks, ***** ***** happened is a friend ia a truck driver drove it for us last week. It is in FL now and we are registering it here. However, he said a police stopped him cause of expired tag and gave him a ticket on his license not the car because he is a truck driver and is supppsed to have responsibility. The police also followes him back to his aunts house to make sure he didn't travel to FL. This all doesn't make sense to me. Could this have really happened or could he be making this up?

Response 1: This does not make sense at all. it does not.

Response 2: This does not make sense at all . Why pay for the ticket quickly before letting you handle the ticket. I will need a concrete evidence of the payment to believe this story because it sounds like a good fiction.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site. Thank you for your cooperation.
PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law
PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law