Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

How can I clear my record my employment purposes

Customer Question
how can I clear my record my employment purposes
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 1 month ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. What is on your record? Is there only one charge? Were you adjudicated?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i had a charge 15 years ago and i sealed that case back then, there is another charge i am trying to seal that happened 8 years ago, i was told that in the state of Florida you can not seal a case, but once in a lifetime.

Thank you for the reply. Yes, that is correct. The State of Florida only allows one case to be expunged. Moreover, the defendant could not have been convicted as a result, so adjudication would have needed to be withheld. If you already had a charge expunged/sealed from your Florida record, you can not come back and have another done, I am sorry to say. Here is a link from FDLE that confirms this and you can also verify this with them, if you are unsure as to the outcome of what you did previously.

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Seal-and-Expunge-Process/Seal-and-Expunge-Home.aspx

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Ely, Counselor at Law