Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

How can I clear my record my employment purposes

Customer Question
how can I clear my record my employment purposes
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 3 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. What is on your record? Is there only one charge? Were you adjudicated?

i had a charge 15 years ago and i sealed that case back then, there is another charge i am trying to seal that happened 8 years ago, i was told that in the state of Florida you can not seal a case, but once in a lifetime.

Thank you for the reply. Yes, that is correct. The State of Florida only allows one case to be expunged. Moreover, the defendant could not have been convicted as a result, so adjudication would have needed to be withheld. If you already had a charge expunged/sealed from your Florida record, you can not come back and have another done, I am sorry to say. Here is a link from FDLE that confirms this and you can also verify this with them, if you are unsure as to the outcome of what you did previously.

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Seal-and-Expunge-Process/Seal-and-Expunge-Home.aspx

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!