Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

In the affidavit for probable cause they cant use anything…

Customer Question
in the affidavit for probable...
in the affidavit for probable cause they cant use anything they found if I gave consent right they would have to explain why they stopped they would have to have prove of some type of stolen property or drugs right and it would have to be in the affidavit correct
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/8/2018
Criminal Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Law Professor replied 4 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor

Right, under Texas law, they would have to prove to the judge that they had reasonable suspicion that a crime had been committed or was about to be committed. It can't just be that someone looked like a bad guy, there has to be objective reasoning able to withstand the scrutiny of the court before the probable cause exists.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.