Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

In was arrested in 2013 and then convicted of possession and…

Hi in was arrested...

Hi in was arrested in 2013 and then convicted of possession and paraphernalia I was denied an NCIS check in early 2015 within one year of my conviction and while on probation it has been nearly 4 years since my conviction would I be able to buy a gun now that I'm past the year of the conviction and I have no other criminal charges or would I be allowed to obtain a concealed carry licence in the state I reside, Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

This happened in 2014 in Texas however I have always resided in Arizona and that is where I would want to obtain a concealed carry licence

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I talk to a Texas paralegal who worked for a lawyer who advertise that theu help restore fun rights and I should be fine however I want to find out for aure

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

3/8/2018
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

As long as your possession charge was a misdemeanor, you've completed your probation successfully, and you have had no recent further drug arrests that would cause you to be seen as an addict, there would be no reason that you couldn't be eligible to buy a gun and clear a NICs check. You would also not be denied a carry permit in Arizona on the basis of this conviction.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD