Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Well today my brother and his stepson jumped on me knocking…

Customer Question
Well today my brother...

Well today my brother and his stepson jumped on me knocking me to the ground. And at that point I pulled my firearm to get them to back off. The cops were called what do I need to do

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Police report and they took my firearm cause it had blood on it from my eye and I filled out a statement

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/8/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Barrister, Criminal Defense Law replied 4 months ago
Barrister, Criminal Defense Law

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Were you charged with any criminal offence?

.

Were either of the other parties injured or just you?

.

Who called the police?

.

Were they charged with anything?

..

.

thanks

I wasn’t charged! And neither other were injured just me and I guess they called the police.

Ok, then at this point, you would just need to contact the police and find out what release form you need to file to request possession of your firearm back if no one is being charged with anything. If there are no pending charges where the firearm is evidence, then they would have to release it to you.

.

.

thanks

There is no charges against the firearm. But they said a detective will be contacting me
This just happened today