Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I had 10 years felony deferred probation, 4 days before it…

Customer Question
I had 10 years...

I had 10 years felony deferred probation, 4 days before it expired I was arrested at probation because they filed a MTA on me. So now I'm going through all that, am I still on Probation? Because no one has told me to report or anything.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

Texas. I'm being charged with burglary of habitation and organized crime.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes but only for a moment and he mentioned nothing bout it either.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/7/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Yes, your probation is not released if you dd not successfully complete it. For your probation to end, your PO has to submit a final probation report. Since they did the MTA on you, your probation continues UNTIL the MTA matter is done in court and until that time they would have you in probation revocation pending status.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Ok so I'll be on Probation but on probation revocation pending status....which means they will either add additional time to my deferred 10 years probation I just did, or I go to prison right?

Thank you for your reply.

That is correct, you will be on probation pending revocation of the probation and they can add more time or put you in jail for the probation violation. You have to wait to see what happens with the MTA issue.