Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

How do I recover property that belongs to our organization?

Customer Question
How do I recover...

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Pittsburgh PA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He is a former storekeeper of our organization and has been requested to turn over the merchandise several times but no response to date.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/7/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney

Hello. Let me see if I can assist. Give me a moment to review and type my reply.

You have a claim for theft and conversion. I would report the theft to the police.

Then I would send a written demand for return of the merchandise within 2 days. If he fails to do so, tell him that the company will file suit for theft and conversion and the company will seek damages and treble damages, as well as attorney's fees and costs, against him.

Have I answered all your questions?
If so, please remember to accept my response and post a positive rating.

Lori
Lori
Lori, Attorney