Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Called and asked for the court appointed lawyers name and…

Called and asked for the...
Called and asked for the court appointed lawyers name and they would not give it to me stated I cannot have contact with the lawyer
3/7/2018
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello again. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

Who did, exactly?
And what court is this in (county, # of court, etc)?

Wayne county ***************** 34th district court ******************************* Michigan

Thank you... one second, please.

Court reporter,

His name is William *********** if needed

It is not true that a party cannot have access to their attorney. A party cannot have access to the Defendant maybe, but not their attorney.

Unfortunately, there does not seem to be an online records search. You may wish to try calling back LATER. If they still refuse you, have an attorney call for you and then they should release the info.

Kind Reminder: Please, use SEND button to keep chatting, or please rate positively and click SEND to submit your rating once satisfied. You may always ask follow ups at no charge before or after rating. "I STRIVE FOR FIVE!"

Ok, I will try again later. Thank you so much. I appreciate it

You are very welcome. Good luck, and please don't forget to RATE my answer with five stars and then click SEND to submit that rating – it is the only way I get credit for my time with you – or, please use the SEND button to keep on chatting. "I strive for FIVE!"

Ely, Counselor at Law
Thank you, ***** ***** and actually added you as a favorite already

Thank you.