Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Im on a board and we have a situation where the community…

Im on a board and...
Im on a board and we have a situation where the community upset about an employees spouse about a past alleged statutory rape or sodomy. I do not believe anything was ever proven, and I think the the statute of limitations has already played out. The alleged event took place in 2000-2002. Can you tell me what the statute of limitations are for that offense and when it was revised? And if it was revised does that it extend the limitations
3/7/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Forcible rape has no statute of limitations in Missouri. So the charge can be filed at any time the DA believes he has evidence.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you, ***** ***** we are getting its more of a statutory rape, statutory sodomy, not a forcible rape. thank you.

Thank you for your reply.

Actually under MO law, there is no statute of limitation for any rape, including of a minor.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks, ***** ***** what we read under mo stat 566 offenses thanks

Thank you for your reply.

Statutory rape is still RAPE and it has no statute of limitations

Sodomy of a minor has 30 years from the victim's 18th birthday.

See: https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/missouri-statutes-of-limitations-for-sexual-abuse.html

Sorry, it seems the site keeps saying you replied to me, but I am not seeing any new replies.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer