Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Do you think the DA will take into consideration I was

Customer Question
taking ambien and no alcohol...
Do you think the DA will take into consideration I was taking ambien and no alcohol was involved. I was taking ambien...having a miscarriage and trying to sleep through it. My husband is in rehab and I started having complications so I was trying to drive to an ER. I don’t have family where I live. I will also ask my Dr. to never prescribe the medication again.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
I had a 2nd dwi while on probation for the first. Probation revocation was issued today and a warrant. I got a misdemeanor for the second Dwi and a misdemeanor for the probation revocation. Is it possible to have a judge set a bond for the probation revocatioN.
3/7/2018
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 3 months ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Do they have evidence of impairment?
What is stated within about this?
That I admitted to taking ambien and that I took “6” of something. I did NOT take “6” of anything. I don’t remember much of the night because of the ambien.
I think that I was just on ambien and did not know what I was saying.
Thank you. There is nothing wrong or illegal about having it in your system or admitting to taking it if it was prescribed. What is illegal is if you were impaired by it and driving and the burden is on the state to prove that beyond a reasonable doubt at trial. If they can not or lack evidence you have a chance to fight this and the could have a weak case.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!