Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Are you familiar with California jail credits? California. I…

Customer Question
Are you familiar with...

Are you familiar with California jail credits?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Yes I have a lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My fbi criminal record states a dui misdemeanor with 36months probation and 2 jail days (however this is not correct because it was 5 hours of booking and I was bailed out) will the UK be considerate for actual jail time not served and be willing to understand the California jail credits?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/7/2018
Criminal Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Law Professor replied 1 month ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor

Technically the jail credits are not transferrable to another jurisdiction like the UK, but I think they will give you some consideration for the time served already. I think they will understand the California jail credit and give you some time served for it. You should be in good shape here.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The UK solicitor is stating that there may be refusal for the following UKVI guidance:
Law applies to this guidance...they have been convicted of an offence for which they have been sentenced to imprisonment for less than 12 months.The solicitor would proceed at risk submitting my application. What is your assessment of this,refusal guidance and how should we proceed? Thanks.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
See attached report. The solicitor is concerned about my ongoing probation and the statement of 2 days jail (as you know this was a credit for time served). Please advise. Thanks.
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Law Professor