Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have a full governors pardon from missouri. It was for…

Customer Question
I have a full...

I have a full governors pardon from missouri. It was for burglary/larcent bavk im 1961. My full rights were restored. What do I need to do in Tenm to legally own a firesrm?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No i have mot

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just need to know what os needed for me to be legal

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/6/2018
Criminal Lawyer: KLAW, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer

G​ood evening. I am a legal expert/attorney who will assist you tonight.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The Missouri Constitution gives the Governor the “power to grant reprieves, commutations and pardons, after conviction. In Missouri, a pardon “obliterates” the effects of the conviction, relieves you of all obligations associated with the conviction, restores all rights which you lost because of the conviction, and relieves you of any legal disabilities/disqualifications that were imposed on you because of that conviction.

In Missouri, you cannot possess a gun if you have been convicted of a felony. However, like other basic citizenship rights, the Governor may restore your gun rights for you at the time he grants you a pardon. If the pardon does not specifically say that your gun rights are restored, do not assume that they are. You will need to go back and look at the pardon order.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have more questions.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. We as attorneys are not employees of Just Answer and are not paid unless you rate the question.

After you rate the question you can ask follow up questions, and you will not be charged any additional money for the follow-up questions.

KLAW
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer