Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Today I had a meeting with my case worker for my housing…

Customer Question
Today I had a...

Today I had a meeting with my case worker for my housing section 8 to see why they increased my rent share from $50 to $779 and she told me that it was because they checked my bank account and they saw that through the year I deposited almost $30,000 and they believed that I have an unreported income. This money is the money that my brother invested for a business that I’m setting up and all the money went through for business expenses. my case worker said to just bring the notorized letter to show that this money is for my business from my brother. Also, she mentioned that I was audited because of the fraud. I am wondering if it’s as easy as she said to just prove it to them or if there is a lawsuit against me. I’m wondering what the fraud was she was talking about. Was it a criminal charge?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Portland, Oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Washington county

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That was all. Thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/6/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

It actually is that easy. If you can prove the money was for some other person and that it went to that person. So, if your brother goes in and shows how that money went to him and you can show where it came from, then HUD will close their case and adjust your rent back down.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.