Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I was charged with count 18-4-401, (1) (2) and count. Count…

Customer Question
I was charged with...

I was charged with count 18-4-401, (1) (2) and count

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Count 18-8-306 public servant attempt to influence. This is my first offense and I don’t have a criminal history. This was in colorado I have a warrant for my arrest and the bond is $5,000

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I can’t get one so far. The DSS just took my tax refund in the full amount. Do I have to go to jail and then bond out?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I live in a different state to Colorado and was arrested and spent a night in jail before I bonded out. Colorado has an extradition. Warrant out and have named me a national fugitive!!!! Insanity

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
3/6/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 5 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your question for us about this issue?

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

What is your question? I am sending an offer to you, but I need to know the question.

My question is
1) since they took my whole irs check - can my warrant be dismissed?
2) do I need to turn myself in & bond out as they have started regaining my overpayment
3) this is my fist offense ever. Will I go to jail long term for this or will they allow an repayment plan? They already took my 2017 taxes
4) should I contact them & negotiateterms and ask for how they calculated this overpayment? Or should a defense attorney do that?
5) can this be negotiated through our different states or only dealt with in Colorado?
6) I have waived extradition back to Colorado. What are the chances of them getting a governors warrant? Likely or unlikely? Should I wait to see or turn myself in in Colorado?

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, the financial restitution they took has nothing to do with the criminal warrant. So you will need to turn yourself in and get a new bond or use an attorney in CO to represent you and arrange for a new recognizance bond.

You would not generally get jail time on this offense as long as you enter into a repayment plan with them.

You should not negotiate anything with them, you have to deal directly with the prosecutor in Colorado where the charge was filed and you need a local attorney in Colorado to negotiate a deal.

If you waive extradition, you still have to sit in jail in your state until Colorado comes and gets you and as such it would be best for you to get an attorney in Colorado and arrange to surrender directly in Colorado and deal with this matter there through a Colorado attorney.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.