Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

1.i ha.ve 3 misdemeanor charges(criminal threat,vandalism)

Second opinion] 1.i ha.ve 3...
Second opinion] 1.i ha.ve 3 misdemeanor charges(criminal threat,vandalism) in my residence
2.however, los angeles county public defenders(felony and misdemeanor) have developed Conflict of Interest
3.when I needed a help from alternate Public Defender,they told me it is their policy they dont work for semi-terminally ill.
4.now that nasty atty is also creating Distortion, perjurious accusations on me. when i complained my PD won't call me ,nor send me police report since this is LAPD CORRUPTION CASE
5.i am diagnosed with serious mental health/schizophrenic
6.I would like a lawyer who can write a Motion to dismiss Alternate PD and force them to pay my private attythank you
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
alternate PD's supervisor(Jane Yang) is retaliating my(previous) whistle blow against her discrimination on my semi terminal illnesses.she repetitively refused to represent me when PD both had a conflict of interest.
I have reported to its Human Resources(***-***-**** Maria Cortez)
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
3/2/2018
Jonathan Holson
Jonathan Holson, Criminal Defense Lawyer

Hi, hoping I can help. I am a former public defender and I find it hard to believe that the LA Public Defender's office would have any type of policy that precludes them from representing the semi- or terminally ill clients. I certainly represented clients that had significant physical, mental or chemical issues. In fact, that was a significant portion of my clientele. I am unfamiliar with the idea of an "alternate" PD. Once a public defender was appointed to represent a client they remained on the case unless there was a significant conflict usually due to their representation of a co-defendant or a witness to the case. If that was the issue, the office would assign a different attorney. There was not a process for the Court discharging the public defender and paying for private counsel. However, you could consult with an attorney in California to see if that process exists there. Good luck. Hope this answers your question.

Jonathan Holson
Jonathan Holson
Jonathan Holson