Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I received a summons to appear for later this month, The…

Customer Question
I received a summons...

I received a summons to appear for later this month, The debt will be paid in full before that. Do I still need to attend?

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It is a overpayment of unemployment benefits

Submitted: 14 days ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/6/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 14 days ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

YES, unless the following occurs:

1) Debt is paid (as you say so) and

2) The Plaintiff issues a (1) formal release, and, (2) drops the suit. Both have to be in writing.

Assuming the Plaintiff does both, then the matter is done. However if not, one still has to appear.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Ely, Counselor at Law