CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

Was pulled over 3 days ago and was caught with 3 grams of

Was pulled over 3 days ago and was caught with 3 grams of cocaine i originally sa is I would cooperate with the police so they didn't arrest me they let me go. Now I do not want to help them so I know they are going to charge me. My question is being a first drug offense do they usually give time or can I work a plea. I have a criminal record and did serve 2.5 yrs in county 4 yrs ago my record is mostly assault stuff a lot of dismissal s but 10 pages worth. Am I going back to jail?

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. Yes, you can certainly try and work out a plea deal, if you do not want to go to trial. A lot depends on if you score out mandatory time and if they believe that this was for personal use. If so, they may be willing to work out a plea that includes probation along with some type of drug treatment program, so you can get help if they believe you have a problem. Of course, this is punishable by jail time or prison but if you take a quick deal, they may offer probation.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thank you any thoughts on my case?

Yes, I responded above.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It was for personasl use for sure. What about the police? I originally wanted to cooperate but now will not will they be mad or just charge me

They will just charge you. They can not force you to cooperate so once they are aware of this, they will proceed accordingly.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
In your opinion having done time and having a 10 page record could I still get probation or am I looking ast time?

A lot depends on the prosecutor and what all the other charges are for. If they are drug-related or violent, they may want time.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
They are for violence
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How much time? You think?

They are going to score this and see where you are at. It is impossible to say. If you want to avoid this, when you first appear in court, see if you can jump on an early plea deal and if they will offer a long probation. If not, you may want to retain counsel and see if they can work the case and see what defenses you may have

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thank you for your help

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I told them through text i wasnt cooperating they didn't respond will they summons me or do I turn myself in? Or will they come and arrest me?

At this time, you have to take a wait and see approach. I think they will contact you and try and get you to come in possible. They may put some pressure on you to still cooperate.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok the waiting is the worst thanks again

My pleasure. I know it is.