Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I missed a misdemeanor court dat 2 years ago and didn't know…

Customer Question
Hello I missed a...

Hello I missed a misdemeanor court dat 2 years ago and didn't know I had one for paraphernalia and unfortunately I missed it again this Friday. What happens now if its 2 years old and I go to the courts this Monday?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

Nyc It was a possession charge but I thought it was dropped when they let me out the holding cell to go home

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I'm not sure but I had a domestic situation that got out of hand and then I found out I had a warrant from 2 years ago. And I just missed the court this Friday for the warrant to be dismissed. If I what happens now

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank u. That's all I want to know

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Criminal Law
1/21/2018
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 6 months ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Are you saying that you missed the court date for your domestic charge too?

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.