Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I am a 100% disabled veteran I wear a baseball cap says

Purple Heart combat wounded I...
I am a 100% disabled veteran I wear a baseball cap says Purple Heart combat wounded I also have an American flag on it for some reason people believe that if you have an American flag that you voted for Trump I didn't vote for either one of them but I have been assaulted twice already and had to use my cane for protection so I am applying for a permit to carry a concealed weapon in the state of Florida but I have to get this misdemeanor expunged from my record for I can submit a request because my last request came back showing that I had a misdemeanor on my record in the city of Chicago on March 25, 1971
1/20/2018
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. What crime were you convicted of in 1971. Was this a domestic case?

Zoey_ JD
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No it was criminal property damage
Phone call session started

Will call you shortly.

Per our conversation, here's the online expungment/sealing packet for Illinois.

It will walk you through the steps so that you can see whether you qualify for the expungement or the sealing and then tell you how to go about obtaining one or the other.

https://www.illinois.gov/osad/Expungement/Instructions_Forms/Documents/Instructions/How%20To.pdf

Best of luck with this!

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD