Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

An arrest warrant was served at my house to arrest my

An arrest warrant was...

An arrest warrant was served at my house to arrest my grandson,19 years old. a search found paraphnelia. iwas charged with the paraphnelia. he claimed the items. am I guilty of the possession?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

State of fla, issued on 1-3

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I am waiting for arraignment date. I don't believe that charges are filed

1/20/2018
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Good morning. Where did they find this? Does he live with you?
he lives with me.
Where did they find the paraphanelia ?
my question is am I guilty of possession even if he claims the item?
If it was found in your home there is a presumption that it is yours. However, I asked above where it was found and if it was found in his room and with his possessions and he admitted to it you would have a strong defense to this. Now, if it was found in a common area and he is taking ownership of it he can testify at trial and admit to this and it would be up to the judge or jury to decide if they believe him.
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Attorney
Phone call session started