Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

How do so many people get away with watching child porn?

Can't they be traced? And...
How do so many people get away with watching child porn? Can't they be traced? And if so, how fast of a process would it be to locate them?
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/20/2018
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Yes, it can be traced but the issue is that the police, FBI or a governmental agency would need to be actively searching and looking for this content and the people involved. Often times, they are on the dark web and use tools and browsers to avoid detection. If the authorities believe someone is involved in distributing it or hosting the content, they will watch them and track them and build a case for an arrest.

What if it isn't on the dark web? What's the dark web?

You can download other web browsers and try and avoid detection of your internet being monitored. Here is what they use

https://www.torproject.org/

Are there these sites on the regular web?
I ask because I stumbled upon one, and this is the third time it's happened. And I've been here asking for help. I was on a naturist site and it popped up and I clicked... I'm scared
Can you help me?

Yes, it is possible but unless there was intent it would be hard to go after someone for accidentally clicking it

With your experience, do you think they might?

I do not if this time has passed but if this has happened before, it could end up causing problems so you should not be going to this site or clicking on pop-ups.

CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
You're amazing, but idk maybe my anxiety is kicking in and I can't focus straight. So just for repetition and to address it directly. Do you think someone like a cop will knock on my door to look for me ? Do you think that's likely?
No I do not. If three weeks have passed and nothing has happened and you did not search for this I think you are fine but need to be more alert
Ok thank you, you've been awesome

You are welcome

CrimDefense
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty